Director of Brand Management
This role is a critical piece of our growing team, directly responsible for the ownership of key client relationships, marketing campaigns, measurement of growth, detailed activation plans, internal and external communication, and ultimately ensuring our client objectives are being met and exceeded. Home base is SquareWork (the Guild Collective headquarters on the Liberty Square), but this role will have the ability to work remotely from the Kansas City area, as well.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the ownership of key client relationships.
- Understand client growth objectives, marketing tactics, and deliver creative solutions to meet and exceed them.
- Foster deep relationships with client team, internal Guild Collective team, and external partners.
- Strategize, organize, and deliver client marketing plans.
- Lead recurring and one-off client meetings and coordinate next steps with client team, Guild Collective team, and external partners.
- Real time knowledge and monthly formal reporting of client marketing metrics including KPI’s, learnings, and recommendations.
- Communicate with care, clarity, and consistency to client team, internal Guild Collective team, and external partners.
- Attend key client functions, partner events, biannual meetings, and other critical events as a representative of Guild Collective.
Education & Training
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Knowledge & Experience
- 2+ years of client-facing experience leading marketing programs, activation plans, or agency relationships.
- 2+ years of working in brand strategy and brand planning in an extremely creative environment.
- Agency background is highly preferred.
- B2C and B2B brand management experience is highly preferred.
- Experience balancing workloads and project management inside a creative team across diverse brand categories.
- Experience with working in ClickUp is a plus
Skills & Abilities
- Effective and proactive: leadership, organization, communication (written and verbal), problem-solving, relationship building, empathy, and care.
- Exceptional client-facing skills.
- Proven track record in attention to detail, multi-tasking, and high-pressure and deadline-focused situations.
- Passion for creative ideas that push boundaries and shape business.
- Self-motivation to go above and beyond a client’s deliverables.
Awesome. We’re a team comprised of trustworthy, brave, unapologetic, vibrant, creative, excellent, gritty, and empathetic storytellers. SquareWork, our coworking space in Liberty, is the physical home base, but lots of our work is done at client sites, production shoots, or in our comfortable clothes at home. Did we mention that SquareWork has specialty coffee, unique and differentiated work spaces, lounge areas, snacks, a stocked fridge, and NBA Jam?
We want all of you when you’re working. And none of you when you’re not. We love our jobs. And our families.
Commensurate with experience, team revenue, and client specific bonus opportunities
Sales Pitch Time
A few things we DON’T DO: wear ties, have cubicles, make you fill out reports, yell at anyone, make you feel guilty for going to your daughter’s dance recital or your friend’s birthday party.
A few things we DO DO (it’s always funny): love our clients, trust each other, work really hard, care more than we maybe should, work from wherever, invest in ourselves, believe the best is yet to come while also being so grateful for what we’re doing right this second, laugh a lot, do really creative and meaningful work with really incredible clients and partners, cause a ruckus sometimes, go to our daughter’s dance recitals and our friend’s birthday parties, wear really comfortable clothes to work, have lots of sweet Guild Content swag, send lots of emojis, drink whiskey or beer or red wine or La Croix and loads of coffee.
If that sounds boring or lame to you, please don’t apply.
If you read this far and something in you said, “um, heck yes”, maybe we should talk.